HRP Mamas Events Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
An Evening with JillEllyn Riley co-author of the Confidence Code for Girls
Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 6:30 PM until 8:00 PM
The Downtown Community Center
Great Hall - Ground Floor
Left at the entrance
120 Warren Street
New York City, NY 10007
MEMBERS OF HRP MAMAS: PLEASE LOGIN TO REGISTER
We do not offer refunds for Workshops, classes, lectures, events. Please let us know if you need to cancel so we may free up your spot for someone else.
An HRP Mamas Special Event:
An Evening with Bestselling co-author of the Confidence Code for Girls, JillEllyn Riley
Girls are achieving like never before, yet they’re consumed with anxiety. Confidence plummets at puberty, robbing girls of the ability to do, try, fail, and build stockpiles of confidence along the way. They worry constantly about how they look, what people think, whether to try out for a sports team or school play, why they aren’t getting “perfect” grades, and how many likes and followers they have online.
The #1 New York Times bestseller The Confidence Code for Girls offers them an essential yet elusive code to becoming bold, brave and fearless. Join HRPMamas for a conversation with JillEllyn Riley, co-author of the NYT bestselling Confidence Code for Girls: Taking Risks, Messing Up & Becoming Your Amazingly Imperfect, Totally Powerful Self.
Whether you are an expecting parent, a parent of a newborn, toddler, tween or teen – please join us for this important conversation on how parents can empower girls to achieve.
We will talk about:
• Teaching ourselves as parents, in addition to the girls, to encourage girls to tackle risk and the failure that comes with it
• Understanding what's happening in the brain at adolescence to recognize the perils of rumination & faulty thinking patterns
• Cutting the stranglehold of perfectionism and people pleasing that suffocates and confines our girls
• Addressing the addiction of social media and the steady stream of impossible standards
• Helping girls figure out their unique identities--their super powers--in the midst of the confidence maelstrom
ABOUT JILLELLYN RILEY:
Bestselling co-author of the Confidence Code For Girls
, JillEllyn Riley has extensive experience in crafting and telling stories, as a writer and editor. She's worked with bestselling, innovative children's authors, as well as on nonfiction and fiction for adults. She's also the co-author of a middle-grade series for girls, The Saturday Cooking Club. JillEllyn lives with her family in Brooklyn, along with her canine ally Stella.